25 Astonishing Ideas of Black Wedding Dresses
Do you think that black wedding dresses are suitable for gothic weddings only? We are sorry, but you are wrong. Of course, a bride in black looks extravagant and causes the shock of many guests. But it’s the ideal choice if you want everyone to remember your wedding look forever.
A black dress doesn’t always look gloomy. There are so many cool designs of them that they may look very festive and bright. Let’s consider everything in more detail.
- 1 Pros and Cons of Black Dresses for Wedding
- 2 Ideas of Black Wedding Dresses
- 2.1 Black and White Wedding Dresses
- 2.2 Black and Red Wedding Dresses
- 2.3 Black Gothic Wedding Dresses
- 2.4 Black Lace Wedding Dresses
- 2.5 Wedding Dresses with Black Lace
- 2.6 Purple and Black Wedding Dresses
- 2.7 Short Black Wedding Dresses
- 2.8 Black and Blue Wedding Dresses
- 2.9 Black and Gold Wedding Dresses
- 2.10 Black Gradient Wedding Dresses
Pros and Cons of Black Dresses for Wedding
In any case, the choice of a black bridal dress has both its pluses and minuses. And here they are:
- Despite the fact that black is often considered to be the color of mourning, the black wedding dresses meaning is different. The black is also the color of sexuality, elegance, mystery and depth.
- It’s a known fact that black can make the body look slimmer. So, plus size black wedding dresses can be a good option if you want to get such an effect.
- A black dress is the perfect choice if you plan a gothic wedding.
- It’s suitable if you want to rebel against all the wedding traditions and prejudices and show your personality.
- Your wedding will be unforgettable as no one will forget about a bride in black.
- It’s not necessary to choose a fully black dress. You can easily give preference to the dresses with black elements or black dresses with some bright accents.
- The fully black dress can be rather gloomy. That’s why, it’s better to decorate it with beads, sequins, rhinestones or lace. Also, there are many cool ideas of white and black wedding dresses.
- Many guests will be shocked by a black dress. Be ready to such a reaction. So, if you are afraid of too much criticism, it’s better to seek for something more classic.
- The choice of black wedding gowns isn’t very big, but you can seek for the variants among evening dresses.
Ideas of Black Wedding Dresses
Now, it’s time to consider 25 cool ideas of black wedding dresses.
Black and White Wedding Dresses
1. Black and white ball gown wedding dress
A princess silhouette wedding dress is more white than black. The black lace, which decorates the bodice and falls on the white tulle skirt, adds special charm to the gown. This dress is suitable for those, who aren’t ready for a fully black dress but want this color to be present in their wedding look.
2. Black and white wedding dress with low waist
Among wedding dresses black and white, this one attracted out attention immediately. The skirt consists of several layers, each of which is decorated with beautiful lace. The same lace decorates the top of the bodice. However, such a silhouette is good only for the girls of tall and medium height.
3. Black and white trumpet wedding dress
If you are an owner of a beautiful body, highlight that with such a trumpet wedding dress. The black lace and waistband turn an ordinary white mermaid dress into something unusual and unforgettable. The dress can be worn without the waistband as well.
Black and Red Wedding Dresses
4. Princess black and red wedding dress
Red and black wedding dresses in princess silhouettes are one of the best options if you prefer this color scheme. As the gown is very saturated in colors, it needs to have a bit of airiness. The skirt with multiple ruches copes with this task ideally. Moreover, the bodice is decorated with rhinestones, which makes the dress look sparkling and luxurious.
5. Gothic black and red wedding dress
In fact, such a dress is the perfect choice for the gothic wedding. Wearing it, you will look like the bride of Dracula and will definitely impress all the guests at your wedding ceremony. The heart-shaped bodice with 3d decoration adds volume to the breast (this thing will be liked by girls, who lack some volume in that zone). The huge red bow is the ideal decoration for this dress.
6. Red mermaid dress with black lace
This dress has nothing excess. The simple mermaid silhouette with a heart-shaped neckline looks great on curvaceous brides and it doesn’t matter if you are slim or plump. The prevalence of the red color makes this dress suitable for passionate brides, who love to be in the center of attention. In addition, you can seek for similar red white and black wedding dresses.
Black Gothic Wedding Dresses
7. Vintage gothic wedding gown
The dress in Victorian style is a great idea for the bride’s image at the gothic-themed wedding. The dress is of silk velvet, which is ideal for the vintage dresses. The bodice features a corset, which adds a zest to the dress and, at the same time, will make your waist look slimmer.
8. Gothic lace wedding dress
This gorgeous lace dress looks extremely stylish and can be also worn for a gothic wedding. The ruches on the skirt and on the top of the bodice make it less gloomy. The smooth transition from bodice to skirt makes this ball gown closer to A-line silhouette, which suits more types of body.
Black Lace Wedding Dresses
9. Black trumpet dress
The dress is something medium between trumpet and sheath silhouette and that makes it suitable for many types of figures. The petite brides as well as tall ones will look brilliantly in it. It’s fully covered with lace and has small sleeves. The waistband helps to make an accent on a slim waist.
10. A –line black gown
The atlas skirt with several layers makes this dress sparkling without any additional decoration. The bodice is covered by macramé. The long sleeves are also made of macramé. This dress is good for autumn or winter wedding. The uniqueness of this dress is that it’s rather simple, but looks gorgeous.
11. Black lace wedding dress with long sleeves
This dress is our favorite. The trumpet silhouette and the use of lace at bodice, skirt and sleeves make it look astonishing. If you seek for luxurious black dresses wedding guest, this variant is also suitable as it’s, first of all, an evening dress.
Wedding Dresses with Black Lace
12. A-line white wedding dress with black lace
This variant looks cool at tall and slim brides. The low waist helps to make an accent on the slim waist. The lace is located in the gradient scheme. The bodice is fully covered by it, while the skirt only partially. It makes the transition between darker top and lighter hemline smooth.
13. A-line dress with lace applications
A simple A-line dress is turned into more creative one with the help of a couple of lace applications. This dress looks rather traditional, while the black elements add zest to it. Such a gown is among the best options if you look for black and white wedding dresses plus size.
14. Ivory wedding gown with sleeves
Ivory is the basic color of this dress, which is covered by the black elements. The A-line dress with sleeves is covered by one layer of black tulle, which is decorated by lace. In such a way, the dress looks rather light though it features many black elements.
Purple and Black Wedding Dresses
15. Sparkling purple and black wedding dress
Black and purple wedding dresses look cool if they have some sparkling elements. This dress is a great example of that. The bodice is covered with a great number of sequins and rhinestones. While the basic fabric of the skirt is purple, the black tulle is used for the upper layer, which makes the dress look both purple and black at the same time.
16. Purple trumpet gown with black lace
It’s one more cool variant of a trumpet wedding gown. The basic color of the dress is purple. It’s fully covered with black lace, featuring small pattern. The black silk waistband adds special charm to the dress and accentuates the waistline. The dress will look amazing on you if you have an hourglass body type.
Short Black Wedding Dresses
17. V-neck short black wedding dress
The petite brides, who dream about having a short black wedding dress, will surely like this variant. The fluffy tulle skirt may add volume on hips while the V-neckline will help to make you visually higher. This dress is rather simple, though the top is covered with lace, and can be worn as a cocktail dress.
18. Vintage black wedding dress
A black dress can be used for a vintage wedding. The classic heart-shaped bodice and a fluffy skirt with draperies will definitely suit such a type of wedding. The main minus of this model is that it’s not among the black wedding dresses plus size as it isn’t suitable for plump brides.
19. High-low black wedding gown
What we like about high-low dresses is that they are short and long at the same time. This lace gown looks gorgeous for both wedding and any type of social event. The dress is covered with lace, which makes it extremely luxurious. At the moment, the open shoulders are one of the main trends in wedding industry.
Black and Blue Wedding Dresses
20. Navy dress with black lace
Navy dresses always look cool. Though the combination of blue and black for a wedding dress seems to be rather weird, this dress is a marvelous example of how cool it may look. The dress is made of the navy silk. The bodice and the sleeves are covered with lace. We like the following detail: the lace covers not only bodice, but also a part of skirt.
21. Black dress with blue accents
While the major color of this dress is black, the bright blue accents make it look more vivid. The black lace, embroidered with sequins and beads, covers the bodice, made of blue atlas. The blue atlas is also used as a lining for the skirt, which is seen thanks to a skirt cut.
Black and Gold Wedding Dresses
22. A dress with gold top and black skirt
Wedding dresses black don’t necessarily need to be a one-piece dress. For instance, it can consist of a black skirt and a gold top like on this Vera Wang gown. Such a wedding outfit looks very stylish. The top is sparkling and adds the festive mood to the dress.
23. A black wedding dress with gold lace
Another idea of a black mermaid gown is the one, covered with gold lace. Gold adds festive mood to the dress and, obviously, makes it brighter. The rhinestones serve as additional decorations for a more sparkling effect.
Black Gradient Wedding Dresses
24. Empire waist ombre wedding dress
Among black and white wedding dresses for sale, you can find the ones with ombre effect. The image above features a great example of the dresses with this effect. The empire waist gown is more white than black. The bodice is decorated with rhinestones and the ombre is most seen on the skirt.
25. Short wedding dress with gradient
The gradient effect can be also used for short dresses. This dress is black in the middle and is white in the top and bottom. It also features the empire waist and the bodice, decorated with beads and rhinestones. Of course, such a dress can be also used for other occasions.
All in all, you see that the designs of black wedding dresses can be very cool. Though there is much prejudice that black isn’t appropriate color of the bridal dress, we think that you are free to choose any dress you like. If you want a black one, break all the traditions and put it on.