The Tips on Choosing the Best Wedding Guest Dresses for Various Kinds of Weddings
Have you already got your invitation for the wedding? If yes, it’s time to start thinking about what dress you will wear. There are many things, which you need to consider, from the format of the wedding to the season it’s held at. In order to save your time, we have prepared some tips on how to choose the proper outfit.
So, let’s get down to business and talk about what wedding guest dresses are the best for any type of wedding as well as have a look at 5 amazing examples of them.
- 1 How to Choose Guest Wedding Dresses
- 2 5 Fantastic Ideas of Formal Wedding Guest Dresses
How to Choose Guest Wedding Dresses
In truth, even if you are just a guest and not a bride, you also need to spend some time and efforts on choosing the proper gown. In order to make your life easier, we have gathered the most important tips on selection of dresses for wedding guest.
The General Tips on the Selection of Wedding Guest Dresses
- First of all, pay attention to the dress code. Very often, the information about it is written in the invitation. If not, consider the place and format of the wedding and choose the proper outfit. Thus, short dresses are worn for casual weddings while long and luxurious ones for black-tie ones.
- Dresses with trains look amazing, but only of you are a bride or, at least, a bridesmaid. In other cases, it’s not appropriate as it will be simply inconvenient.
- It’s not recommended to wear white and black. If you want to look slimmer and believe that black is the only option, you are wrong. Think about plus size wedding guest dresses of other dark colors like navy, green, purple or marsala.
- Don’t wear too casual dress. Even if the wedding is informal, you must look different from your everyday image.
- Don’t wear a too sexy or revealing dress. A wedding is a family celebration and it’s not appropriate to wear a too short dress or the one with too deep decollete. Even summer and spring wedding guest dresses must be rather modest.
- Wedding guest dresses for summer look cool in bright and pastel colors. Choose the one, which suits you more. There is a great choice of bright models of plus size dresses for wedding guest as well.
- Winter wedding guest dresses don’t necessarily need to be warm and long-sleeved. In order to keep warm, you are free to put on a fur stole. Moreover, wedding guest dresses for fall can be also worn with such an accessory.
- While choosing dresses wedding guest, don’t forget about the shoes. They must be comfortable as you will wear them all day and night. If you are invited to an outdoor wedding, it’s better to refuse from stilettos.
Black Tie Wedding Guest Dresses
Black tie weddings demand the formal dress code. Summer, spring, winter and fall dresses for a wedding guest must be long in neutral or dark colors. Also, some variants of cocktail dresses are possible, especially the ones of tea-length.
Semi-Formal or Cocktail Dresses
Semi-formal dresses to wear to a wedding as a guest allow you to have a wider choice. The short and tea-length dresses of dark colors are suitable for the evening wedding and the ones in light colors are for the daytime one.
Beach Wedding Guest Dresses
Beach wedding dresses for guest may be either formal or casual. It depends on the format of the wedding and it’s better to find it out beforehand. As it can be rather hot on the beach, opt for light flowing gowns. The length can be both maxi and short. The colors can be different from neutral to bright ones.
Daytime Casual Womens Dresses for Wedding Guest
At daytime casual weddings, you aren’t required to wear something formal. The wedding guest dresses for spring or any other type of season are rather simple. It can even be a skirt and a top or blouse. However, don’t wear jeans or something similar. Remember that it’s a still a wedding.
Thematic Dresses for a Wedding Guest
If the wedding is thematic, you will definitely be warned beforehand. Thus, your outfit will depend on the theme or a certain color scheme, chosen by the spouses-to-be. For instance, the purple wedding will require purple wedding guest dresses or, at least, accessories.
5 Fantastic Ideas of Formal Wedding Guest Dresses
Now, let’s have a look at 5 cool ideas of dresses for guest of wedding.
Cocktail Lace Dress by Tadashi Shoji
This dress attracted out attention from all the variety of Nordstrom wedding guest dresses by its simplicity and beauty. It’s a good variant for semi-formal as well as more casual weddings. It’s of the sheath silhouette and is fully covered with lace. It can be used not only for weddings but for many other occasions. At the site, it costs $398 and is available in sandcastle and smoked pearl colors.
Adrianna Papell Plus Size Beaded Gown
We all know that the choice of wedding guest dresses plus size isn’t so big as of regular sizes. This luxurious dress costs $318. It features a V-neckline, which will make the accent on the breast line. The dress is covered with beads and so, it’s suitable for white and black tie weddings. We also like the gunmetal color of the dress. It’s dark, which may make you look slimmer, but isn’t gloomy at all.
Ralph Lauren Long-Sleeved Indigo Dress
Long sleeved dresses for wedding guest are more popular in autumn and winter. This variant with a faux wrap is suitable for formal as well as semi-formal weddings. It’s made of matte jersey and features a small brooch on the hip. The indigo color looks festive and luxurious. The price is $195.
Crepe Gown by Dress the Population
This is a classic gown, which is suitable for almost all types of weddings. The V-neckline and a slit make the look sexier. The dress is available in blush, blue and burgundy colors. The burgundy and blue colors are great solutions for fall wedding guest dresses while the blush is cool for spring and summer. The price is $288.
True Decadence by Glamorous Light Blue Dress
It’s a fantastic example of summer wedding guest dresses. What we like about it is that it’s almost universal. It can be worn for beach and garden weddings as well as formal and semi-formal ones. The light blue color looks very fresh. The high-low hem, open-shoulders and ruches add a special charm to the dress. It costs $85.
So can you handle it? We are sure you can. It’s not so hard to choose the best variant from a vast number of wedding reception dresses for guest if you are prepared for that. Now, you know the most important tips and are ready to start the search of the perfect dress.
I will be the mother of the groom at a beach wedding. I am 71 and a size 12.
Suggestions please, even thinking of a flowy pants outfit. Prefer neutral colors