21 Astonishing Ideas of Backless Wedding Dresses
Do you want to make your bridal look more intriguing? What about having a wedding gown with open back? Backless wedding dresses are pretty popular today, especially in spring and summer seasons. They are a great way to add some piquancy to your dress and show off your beautiful back.
Of course, there are hundreds or even thousands of possible designs of backless bridal dresses. But here, we have selected 21 most astonishing ideas of dresses for the girls, who want to have a sexy and intriguing look at their wedding day.
1. This lace backless wedding dress by Tadashi Shoji looks both sexy and romantic. The large ruffle adds a special chic to the dress back design and the cold shoulder sleeve makes it looking more interesting. The dress is designed in sheath silhouette and will look good on petite brides and the ones with pear-shaped bodies as it adds some volume to the upper part. It is a great variant for a beach, country, vintage and boho weddings.
2. If you want to have your bridal dress backless, but still stick to the traditional bridal style, opt for a ball gown wedding dress with open back. For instance, this dress by Essense of Australia is a great combination of princess style and sexuality. The multi-layered skirt looks very interesting and complicated as well as adds a festive look to the gown. Moreover, the royal charm is added by intricate beading on the top.
3. No gowns look more intriguing than backless mermaid wedding dresses. This silhouette is a great way to demonstrate your beautiful body curves. And the open back will highlight your beautiful back. This Martin Thornburg dress looks chic and elegant thanks to lace and beading as well as the incredible train. Also, it features a cute back design with illusion parts.
4. Galia Lahav’s dresses are known for their splendor. And Amaya dress is just a case study. This long sleeve backless wedding dress in A-line silhouette is made of tulle and is adorned with crystals. The V-back is brilliantly combined with the V-neckline. Moreover, the transparent parts on the sides look very creative. The phenomenon of this gown is that it looks both luxurious and romantic as well as suits girls with various body types.
5. If you look for a dress with creative back cuts, have a look at this Stella York’s creation. The back looks almost fully naked but for the thick straps in the top, which are made of lace. Such a back design will suit the girls with slim bodies as not only back but also parts of waist are revealed. This gown is a great idea for a summer wedding as you will definitely avoid overheating in such a light dress, which will allow your skin to breathe.
6. The Avalon dress by Katie May with open back would look very simple but for cute details. The front of this silk dress features interesting draperies and a leg cut. While the back of the dress is open, a piece of lace adds some creativeness to it. The combination of all these details and the sheath silhouette makes the dress looking very elegant and feminine.
7. Thin criss-cross straps are a wonderful way to have an open back, but prevent the dress from slipping off. The Rosalind gown by Watters is an amazing example of how to arrange the straps usefully and beautifully. The top, made of thin lace, and a tulle skirt are perfectly combined into an A-line dress, which will suit various wedding formats.
8. If you want to open back but leave the shoulders closed, you need to have something similar to this Jovani wedding dress. It features a round cut of the back, leaving shoulders and waist hidden. This gown is made of lace, tulle and features the details with sequins and crystals. Moreover, the dress has one more zest. The tulle skirt is detachable and so, you can take it off and have a lace sheath wedding dress instead of the A-line one.
9. A long sleeve lace backless wedding dress in mermaid silhouette looks very seductively. The illusion sleeves and combination of lace and satin add much intrigue to the bridal look to tell nothing about interesting back detailing. The dress back features two cuts in the shape of diamonds while the rest of the back is partially hidden behind thin lace. Clearly, in order to wear such a gown, you must have an ideal body.
10. Margarita wedding dress by Morilee features one more cool idea of an open back. The back design resembles the halter neckline and looks very cute. The thick heavily beaded straps go from the sides and are connected at the back of the neck. The front of the dress features a V-neckline. The fluffy tulle skirt makes the dress looking princess-like.
11. Though it’s pretty hard to imagine a backless wedding dress with off-the-shoulder neckline, wedding designer Martina Liana proves that these two details can be combined. An interesting criss-cross back design, made of thick straps, stretches to the top of arms, leaving back and shoulders open. The special charm to the dress back is added by a row of buttons on the skirt. The front of the dress is rather minimalistic and features no embellishments.
12. Backless wedding dresses by Martin Thornburg stand out from the rest for their irresistible charm. Though this lace A-line gown looks pretty simple in shape, the open V-back and intricate lace pattern turn it into a dress, which will impress the groom and all the wedding guests.
13. Are you a fan of creative details? Pricilla wedding dress by Galia Lahav is of a mermaid silhouette and is covered with luxurious beaded lace. But the most important is the back detailing. The back of the dress looks absolutely open, but, in fact, it’s covered with nude tulle. Moreover, the back is adorned with four strings of pearls, which look very creative and simply cool.
14. A fully lace backless wedding gown in sheath silhouette is classic and elegant. Though, it’s rather simple in its form, it’s a very good variant for the brides, who don’t like abundance of details and the ones, who don’t plan a luxurious wedding ceremony. The gown has a V-neckline and V-shaped back, which look harmonious with cap sleeves.
15. Though Jimmy gown by Rime Arodaky seems to be very simple at first sight, it features many interesting details. Thus, in the front, the V-neck and a high slit are adorned with delicate lace details. The major part of the back is open while the illusion parts on the shoulders and sides are adorned with lace appliques.
16. Tulum dress by Katie May is an astonishing example of backless beach wedding dresses and the ones for other outdoor weddings. The diamond-shaped cut on the back is brilliantly combined with spaghetti straps and off-the-shoulder sleeves design with ruffles. As a result, the dress looks flowy, romantic and very light.
17. Galatea backless A line wedding dress by Willowby will be an ideal solution for romantic young girls. The airy tulle dress features a V-back and a deep plunging neckline with straps tied in a bow for better fit. The dual waistbands and open sides as well as the huge floral pattern make the dress look very stylish and unusual.
18. A lace sheath dress with low back, V-neckline and spaghetti straps is almost a traditional wedding dress for the fans of revealing their backs. This gown by Essense of Australia is a universal variant for any type of wedding from beach to luxurious one. The back is absolutely open and that looks very sexy.
19. A gown with three-quarters sleeve is a great and more convenient alternative to a long sleeve backless wedding dress. This princess dress by Moonlight Bridal is a mix of wedding classic, elegance, sexuality and tenderness. The fluffy tulle skirt is brilliantly combined with richly beaded illusion bodice and open V-back. In such a gown, you will look both traditional and creative.
20. The fans of simple backless wedding dresses will like Octavia dress by Jenny Yoo. The satin gown of A-line silhouette features a V-back, which is in harmony with the V-neckline. What we like about this dress is the interesting back solution. While the form of the back cut is classic, the combination of satin straps and tulle looks very stylish.
21. At first sight, this Allure wedding gown seems to be rather simple and modest. It’s of the sheath silhouette and features a high neck with the only embellishments on the shoulders. But when we have a look at the back, we see that it’s one of the best examples of sexy backless wedding dresses. The low back looks very intriguing in combination with buttons on the skirt. Moreover, a special chic is added by transparent parts on the sides, which feature beaded lace appliques.
So, you see that backless wedding dresses are a great way to make an accent on your beautiful back. Such gowns can be extremely sexy and, at the same time, pretty modest and even traditional.
Though backless wedding gowns look astonishing, they aren’t suitable for everyone. That’s why, while choosing the one, you need to pay attention to your body peculiarities and how the dress looks on you. There are such gowns, which suit almost every body type, like the ones with partially open backs in A-line silhouettes, while the others, like satin mermaid gowns with very low backs, are only for the girls with perfect bodies.